You need to do this before your medical school interview
A medical school interview cheatsheet can be incredibly helpful in your preparation for your interview. This will help you collect your thoughts for what you want to say, as well as being a convenient way to “study” for your interview. The interview cheatsheet was my main method of preparing for my interview! I made a cheatsheet which contained answers to questions specific to the school I interviewed at, it also had questions I wanted to ask them, and important information about the school. I used this to study for my interview, which allowed me to be really prepared for anything I was going to be asked on interview day. At the end of this article I am going to give you a free interview cheatsheet outline download!
What is a Medical school interview cheatsheet?
A medical school interview cheatsheet is essentially what it sounds like. It is a cheatsheet that has all of the information you will need to know for your interview in one simple document. I used microsoft word to make my cheatsheet. Inside of this cheatsheet you should include your specific answers to common medical school interview questions for that medical school, a list of questions you want to ask that school, and information about the school you are interviewing at.
*Note: This document is free to download at the end of the article!
- Inside of your cheatsheet you should answer common interview questions such as these. For a list of 45 common medical school interview questions, check this article out.
- Make sure your answers to these questions are specific to the school you are interviewing at. Make your answers show that you have researched the school thoroughly. Whenever possible choose answers that relate to a personal experience you had. Remember, “show don’t tell” when giving answers.
- Your cheatsheet should have multiple sections such as this. I recommend having the same sections as I mentioned earlier
Tips for making your cheatsheet:
- Remember, this is a cheatsheet. So it should be quick and easy to use.
- Make sure you research the school you are interviewing at thoroughly. This way your questions and answers for the school will reflect that you have researched them and you are serious. Showing the school you understand them well looks professional.
- Try to not include too much unnecessary information in your cheatsheet. Only the most important things for each section
How to use the cheatsheet:
After making the cheatsheet the best way to use it is to study it every day if possible. You want to memorize everything you put into your cheatsheet. You should be able to tell people the answers to any questions you have written there, give important information about the school you are interviewing at, and memorized the questions you are going to ask the school. Once you have studied the cheatsheet and memorized everything on it, start practicing mock interviews. You can now just use the cheatsheet as a reference for if you forget what you planned to say.
I hope this tip helps! Having a cheatsheet for your medical school interview will really help you with getting prepared and giving you some extra confidence when interview day comes around. Make sure to always give answers that show the school you have researched them thoroughly. For more tips about preparing for your interview check out this article: Seven keys to being prepared for your medical school interview.
And as promised, download your interview cheatsheet outline.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.